The Ausschuss für Europa und Internationales invites proposals for student-led initiatives which
support the exchange between home, international and exchange students at the Europa-Universität
Flensburg (EUF) during the autumn and spring terms 2020/2021.
... due to COVID-19 are impeding social interaction and integration among students, leaving many students
feeling isolated. This is an issue especially for first-year students and for international students who
are new to the EUF and lack social networks in Flensburg. Incoming exchange students who, on arrival
to Flensburg, must spend time in quarantine or who attend classes online from their home locations
are facing particular challenges. Getting to know other home and international students, however,
can also be difficult independently of conditions arising from COVID-19.
The Ausschuss will support projects which
- Bring together EUF home with international and/or exchange students in joint extracurricular,
cultural, social, environment-related or other suitable activities
- Will run during the academic year 2020/21, to be completed by the end of June 2021
- Are coordinated by a student group (club, committee etc.)
Selected projects will be supported with funding awards of up to €1.000.
Proposals with costs above €1.000 will be considered, with preference for initiatives which achieve
sustainable exchange between home, international and exchange students beyond the project
Interested student groups are invited to submit a project outline of 1-2 pages (A4), describing:
- The planned activities, incl. information on project dates and location(s)
- The strategy to reach home as well as international and/or exchange students
- Members of the project team, with their responsibilities as appropriate
- Expected costs of the project
Applications should be submitted by email (as 1 pdf attachment) to:
Submission deadline for proposals: Wednesday 18 November 2020.
We are looking forward to creative proposals and innovative project ideas which will support
interaction, integration and joint student activities at EUF!