The following menu items provide comprehensive information about applying for admission to the M.A. European Studies at Europa-Universität Flensburg.
The conditions for admission to the master’s program for European Studies with the qualification M.A. are:
a) An undergraduate degree (e.g. bachelor, Magister, Diplom, Staatsexamen):
- From an institution of higher education in Germany or abroad.
- With at least three-years of study (equivalent to at least 180 Credit Points).
- In a field that is relevant to the Master in European Studies such as politics, law, sociology, economics, cultural sciences, etc.
- The applicant is expected to have completed that course of study as one of the best third of his or her class.
b) Proof of English language proficiency (for more information please see below).
c) Main fields of the undergraduate degree should include subjects within the areas of:
- Research methods.
If you have any questions in this regard, please feel free to contact us: email@example.com.
German applicants who intend to change from the old academic system of Magister, Diplom, or Staatsexamen to the new master system can apply if what they achieved during their previous studies is equivalent to a bachelor's degree.
For more detailed admission requirements, please refer to §2 of the Rules and Regulations (Statutes).
Please be aware that the German version is the legally binding version, while the English one is provided for better comprehension purposes (for those who do not speak German).
Please submit one of the following proofs of English language proficiency:
a) Native speaker
b) Previous education fully taught in English (having studied in a language programme or having been part of an (Erasmus) exchange in an English-speaking country does not exempt you from providing an official English-language proficiency test!)
c) One of the following proficiency tests (TOEFL/TOEIC/IELTS) only original tests send by the test Centre:
- TOEFL iBT – TOEFL iBT – Internet-Based Testing or Home Edition: min. score 94 points (institutional code 8512, department code 80 "Other Social Sciences"
- IELTS Academic: min. band score: 7.0
- Cambridge English:
- Advanced (CAE): min. Grade C; min. score on Cambridge English Scale: 180
- Proficiency (CPE): min. score on Cambridge English Scale: 180
- TOEIC (proof of all four skills):
- Speaking: min. 180 points
- Writing: min. 180 points
- Listening: min. 490 points
- Reading: min. 455 points
Please keep in mind that a language certificate is only valid for two years!
Please ensure that the test Centre does not use the translated name of the University! It must be Europa-Universität Flensburg!
How to apply?
- Fill in on your computer the application form and upload a passport photo (JPEG format) in the required field
- Send us the completed application form (pages 3 - 4) and an additional photo via email to admissions.eus-PleaseRemoveIncludingDashesfirstname.lastname@example.org
- Print out the completed application (including the duly signed application form) sign it and send it with all other required documents to the following address:
Office M.A.European Studies
Auf dem Campus 1 b
Check the following information to ensure your application is complete: APPLICATION DOCUMENTS
For internal applicants: if you are already enrolled in a bachelor's program at Europa-Universität Flensburg, we recommend that you re-register in a timely manner for the semester in which you will begin the masters program. Doing so has the following advantages:
- It simplifies and expedites the re-enrollment process
- In the event that the BA is not successfully completed as planned, you will already have enrolled for the BA in the following semester
Deadlines & Application Form
The application period for the fall semester 2022/23 has closed.
Applications will be accepted starting Spring 2023 for the fall semester 2023/24.
The following documents must be submitted:
1. Application form completely filled in and duly signed (once via email with a JPEG passport picture and the original via postal mail duly signed)
2. Certified/notarized copies* of the original certificate and of the translation made by an officially recognized translator into German or English language of the final degree certificate of your studies (undergraduate degree)
3. Certified/notarized copies* of the original certificates and of the translations made by an officially recognized translator into German or English language of the transcripts or other academic records that give proof of your undergraduate studies, including credits and grades achieved in each single subject
4. Certified/notarized copy* of the original certificate and of the translation made by an officially recognized translator into German or English language of your high-school graduation certificate
5. Proof of English proficiency. You may send a copy of the English language certificate with this application but the TOEFL/TOEIC/IELTS test must be sent to us directly from the test centre (TOEFL: institutional code 8512, department code 80 Other Social Sciences).
6. Curriculum Vitae showing complete education from start of primary school until today including professional experience, voluntary social and/or political activities etc
7. Motivation letter (1-1.5 pages)
* to clarify: copies of the required document that have an original notarization stamp on them.
PLEASE REMEMBER APPLICATIONS ARE ONLY ACCEPTED VIA POSTAL MAIL NOT VIA EMAIL.
The Admission form must be duly signed (original signature - no copies or digital signature) all documentation must be original or notarized copies.
APPLICATIONS ARE ONLY ACCEPTED VIA POSTAL MAIL NOT VIA EMAIL
The admission form must be e-mailed together with a JPEG passport picture, which has been added to the application and has been duly signed (original signature - no copies or digital signature). All documentation must be original notarized copies.
Admission & Selection
Our staff will inform you via email once your documents have been received thereof we ask that you please be patient as your application may take some time to arrive in our office.
Due to an overload of application processing, the admissions office is not reachable by phone, therefore all queries should be addressed by email to: email@example.com
We ask for your patience in these matters as each case is dealt with individually.
Applicants are informed via e-mail about the receipt of their application and missing documents (if applicable).
Admission decisions are taken following § 2 of the Rules and Regulations on Grading and Examinations of the Europa-Universität Flensburg for the M.A. European Studies.
Should the number of applicants exceed the number of available places, admission takes place on the basis of the grade point average (see § 2) of the Rules and Regulations on Grading and Examinations of the Europa-Universität Flensburg for the M.A. European Studies.
Those students who wish to re-apply need to consider the following:
- We will save your documents for the new round of applications, however, in order to reapply you need to fill in a new application form (duly signed) and forward it to us until the deadline
- Language certificates have a validity of two years, so please make sure that the certificate you sent us is still valid. Otherwise, please submit a new language certificate
- The MA programme European Studies starts exclusively in autumn semester, which means you can only re-apply for the following academic year
Please note that if in your original application not all required documentation was received, you must submit the missing documents the missing documents, by postal mail by the deadline.
Before you contact us, pleasehave a look at the Frequently Asked Questions section: you might find answers to many of your questions!
In case you will not find your answer here, please contact us via email: eusstudies-PleaseRemoveIncludingDashesfirstname.lastname@example.org