Important information about the admission process
The application period for the fall semester 2021_22 has ended. Applications are no longer accepted.
Please find all relevant information regarding the application process below. Each tab contains detailed information.
For any remaining questions, please refer to the FAQs section at the bottom of this page.
In general, the entrance requirements for our study programme are:
An undergraduate degree (Bachelor) in Social Sciences or a related field such as Politics, Law, Sociology, Economics, Cultural Sciences, etc. The applicant is expected to have completed that course of study as one of the best third of his or her class.
Main fields of the undergraduate degree should include subjects within the areas of
- 1) Research Methods &
- 2) Economics
If this does not apply to you, please enquire at.
German applicants who intend to change from the old academic system of Magister, Diplom, or Staatsexamen to the new Master system can apply if what they achieved during their previous studies is equivalent to a Bachelor's degree.
For more detailed Admission Requirements, please refer to
Adequate proficiency in spoken and written English
If English is not the native language, one of the following proficiency tests is required (TOEFL/TOEIC/IELTS - original test must be sent directly from the test centre):
- TOEFL iBT – TOEFL iBT – Internet-Based Testing or Home Edition: min. score 94 points (institutional code 8512, department code 80 "Other Social Sciences"
- IELTS Academic: min. band score: 7.0
- Cambridge English:
- Advanced (CAE): min. Grade C; min. score on Cambridge English Scale: 180
- Proficiency (CPE): min. score on Cambridge English Scale: 180
- TOEIC (proof of all four skills):
- Speaking: min. 180 points
- Writing: min. 180 points
- Listening: min. 490 points
- Reading: min. 455 points
Please note that due to the shutdown of testing facilities during the Covid-19 pandemic, we currently accept additional forms of online testing, such as the IELTS indicator or the LanguageCert International ESOL (Expert).
Please be aware that proof of spending one year in an English speaking country does not exempt you from providing an official English-language proficiency test score.
How to apply?
How to apply?
- Fill in on your computer the application form and upload a passport photo (JPEG format) in the required field
- Send us the completed application form (pages 3 - 4) and an additional photo via email to email@example.com
- Print out the completed application, sign and send it with all other required documents to the following address:
International Institute of Management and Economic Education
Auf dem Campus 1 B
Room RIG 814
Deadline & Application Form
Admission & Selection
Our staff will inform you via email once your application materials have been received thereof we ask that you please be patient as the mail may take some time to arrive in our office.
Due to an overload of application processing, the admissions office is not reachable by phone, therefore all queries should be addressed by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We ask for your patience in these matters as each case is dealt with individually.
Applicants are informed via e-mail about the receipt of their application and missing documents (if applicable).
Admission decisions are taken following § 2 of the
Should the number of applicants exceed the number of available places, admission takes place on the basis of the grade point average (see § 2) of the
Those students who wish to re-apply need to consider the following:
- We will save your documents for the new round of applications, however, in order to reapply you need to fill in a new application form and forward it to us until the deadline.
- If the language certificate you sent us will expire in the next year (they have a validity of two years), you will also need to send us an updated version.
- The MA programme European Studies starts exclusively in Autumn Semester, which you can only re-apply for the
General Information on Studying in Germany
For general information about studying in Germany and the German Higher Education System please visit the websites of the following institutions:
- German Rectors' Conference, Hochschulrektorenkonferenz ( )
- German Academic Exchange Service, Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst ( )
- Federal Ministry of Education and Research, Bundesministerium für Bildung und Forschung ( )
- Standing Conference of the Ministers of Education and Cultural Affairs, Kultusministerkonferenz ( )
- Accreditation Coucil, Akkreditierungsrat ( )
- German National Association for Students Affairs, Deutsches Studentenwerk ( )
- Federal Union of International Students in Germany, Bundesverband Ausländischer Studierender ( )