Important information about the admission process
Please find relevant information reg. the application process below.
For any remaining questions, please refer to the FAQs.
In general, the entrance requirements for our study programme are:
An undergraduate degree (Bachelor) in Social Sciences or a related field such as Politics, Law, Sociology, Economics, Cultural Sciences, etc. The applicant is expected to have completed that course of study as one of the best third of his or her class. Main field of the undergraduate degree should include subjects within the areas of 1) Research Methods and 2) Economics. If this does not apply to you, please enquire at firstname.lastname@example.org.
German applicants who intend to change from the old academic system of Magister, Diplom, or Staatsexamen to the new Master system can apply if what they achieved during their previous studies is equivalent to a Bachelor's degree.
Adequate proficiency in spoken and written English.
If English is not the native language, one of the following proficiency tests is required (TOEFL/TOEIC/IELTS - original test must be sent directly from the test centre):
- TOEFL iBT – Internet-Based Testing: min. score 94 points (institutional code 8512, department code 80 "Other Social Sciences")
- IELTS Academic: min. band score: 7.0
- Cambridge English:
- Advanced (CAE): min. Grade C; min. score on Cambridge English Scale: 180
- Proficiency (CPE): min. score on Cambridge English Scale: 180
- TOEIC (proof of all four skills):
- Speaking: min. 180 points
- Writing: min. 180 points
- Listening: min. 490 points
- Reading: min. 455 points
Please be aware that proof of spending one year in an English speaking country does not exempt you from providing an official English-language proficiency test score.
For more detailed Admission Requirements, please refer to.
How to Apply?
How to Apply?
- Fill in on your computer the application form and upload a passport photo (JPEG format) in the required field
- Send us the completed application form (pages 3 - 4) and an additional photo via email to email@example.com
- Print out the completed application, sign and send it with all other required documents to the following address:
International Institute of Management and Economic Education
Auf dem Campus 1
Deadline and Application Form
Deadline and Application Form
The deadline to apply for the Master's programme (2018-2020) is on June 30th, 2018
for EU and international students.
Pleaseus if the FAQs do not answer your questions.
Admission and Selection
Applicants are informed via email about the receipt of their application and the expected time frame of the admission decision.
Admission decisions are taken following § 2 No. 4 of the.
"Admissions decisions are made by the admissions committee. The admission committee includes two members of the senior faculty and one member of the junior faculty as selected by the Internationales Institut für Management's professorial faculty. Decisions of the admissions committee are made by majority vote."
Should the number of applicants exceed the number of available places, admission takes place on the basis of the grade point average (see § 2 No. 3 of the(German: § 2 Abs. 3 ).
Those students who wish to re-apply need to consider the following:
- We will save your documents for the new round of applications, however, in order to reapply you need to fill in a new application form and forward it to us until the deadline.
- If the language certificate you sent us will expire in the next year (they have a validity of two years), you will also need to send us an updated version.
Applications are only kept for one year. Afterwards, a new application has to be submitted.
Take a look at our. In case you didn't find what you were looking for, contact us at
General Information on Studying in Germany
For general information about studying in Germany and the German Higher Education System please visit the websites of the following institutions:
German Rectors' Conference, Hochschulrektorenkonferenz (HRK):
German Academic Exchange Service, Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst (DAAD):
Federal Ministry of Education and Research, Bundesministerium für Bildung und Forschung (BMBF):
Standing Conference of the Ministers of Education and Cultural Affairs, Kultusministerkonferenz (KMK):
Accreditation Coucil, Akkreditierungsrat (AR):
German National Association for Students Affairs, Deutsches Studentenwerk (DSW):
Federal Union of International Students in Germany, Bundesverband Ausländischer Studierender (BAS):